1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just realized something annoying...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tiny529, Jun 26, 2011.

1. tiny529

tiny529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    A search on Google of "chick sleeping" yields a whole lot more than just sleeping chicks. [​IMG]

I wish that I had some previous experience with baby chickens. I have minor experience with baby parrots and slightly more with baby songbirds and they were all so different from these gals. Everything I see makes me think my babies are going to drop dead. I still think that's a possibility with my Brahma, but I'm hoping it's just paranoia with everyone else. [​IMG]

2. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    hang in there!!!! you can worry yourself to death with the babies.....keep reading and learning and you can do a search within this site that should be really helpfull...and there are lots of links too that can dirct you to the info u need. I can just imagine what came up with ur google search!!!! [​IMG]

3. gabe4223

gabe4223 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Montgomery County,Texas
    Step away form the Internet.
    JK
    But really. If i had babies i would probably be watching them right now.

4. tiny529

Mar 28, 2011
    Yeah... Too much watching here. My eyes have that gummy "why-the-heck-are-you-not-asleep" feeling. I'm not 20 years old anymore! [​IMG]

Still, this Brahma has me up. I just hope she pulls through. [​IMG]

5. gabe4223

gabe4223 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Montgomery County,Texas
    Like a good mom..[​IMG]

6. adgcountrygirl

adgcountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww!!! Hang in there. Mine are over 2 months old, and I had a nightmare that one of them drowned! I only lost one that way, and it was when they were less than a week old and still clumsy and top heavy. Good luck!

7. tiny529

Mar 28, 2011
    Thanks... [​IMG]

I think I'm going to call it a night. I managed to get in a couple of licks of my super concentrated avian probiotics and I've gotten a lot of pedialyte in. I don't want to waterlog her. She just made a giant poop on me... 1st I've seen since I noticed that she was acting weird, which was 8 hours ago. Of course it squashed right against her bottom so I hope THAT doesn't create a problem. [​IMG]

8. Old Homestead

Old Homestead Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    Stockton
    Watch out on those searches! [​IMG] [ I lived thruogh some terible things and some of them actually happened] Mark Twain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by