Just received chicks from Healthy Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rhondakester, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Rhondakester

Rhondakester New Egg

Feb 12, 2009
    Hello! I wanted to pass on the hatchery where our chicks arrived from this morning. http://www.healthychicksandmore.com/ is the website and we were able to order 10 chicks and pick which breed we wanted. They are based in Ohio so this allowed our order to ship yesterday and they arrived at the post office here in our town this morning at 5:30 (we live in Virginia). The Post Office called us and we drove up to get them. They are all healthy and we were very pleased that we could order a few different varieties.

We've enjoyed all of the posts we have been reading over the past few months and have learned a great deal. Thanks to all!

2. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    congrats. mine are due today. hardly slept last night. how silly. good luck and post pics if you can.

3. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

Welcome! HOpe you take lots of pictures for us to see!

4. Lee

Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    I didn't know about this hatchery. And I thought I knew about them all! LOL

Well, DUH, I went to Feathersite's hatchery list and found them.

Just placed my order for 10 SLW pullets.

Thanx, Rhondakester!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  5. Lee

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    Got my chicks early Monday morning as soon as my P.O. opened. Chicka arrived in fine shape. I will be ordering from them again.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  6. chick2good4u

chick2good4u Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered my first flock from them last year. They were very patient with me (I had a lot of questions and changed my mind several times!) All my chicks arrived alive and healthy - I opened a corner of the box to peek at them at the post office and they started jumping out everywhere! They will be 1 yr old in May and I haven't had any problems with their health or egg production. Ordering was easy and reliable. I highly recommend this hatchery.

7. Lee

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    Good to hear another good testimonial. Something else.....these little guys are the quietest chicks I ever had, not flighty at all and curious. It is a pleasure. [​IMG]

8. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

It is great to know you had good results from Healthy Chicks as I just placed an order today and they were so helpful. I had problems with Mc Murry in the past and looked for a new source. Best of luck!!

9. Lee

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    Weeellll, about the time I found out about Healthy Chicks I was going to order from Meyer, but coudn't figure out how to order from their website and came to the conclusion they only take orders over the phone. So since HC&M was a wee bit closer I tried them.

Let us know how your order comes out, Big Chicken Little. When are they coming?

10. PostalChick

PostalChick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2009
    Central CT
    Well....I'm hoping for the same good outcome as you guys have had. However, it's looking pretty bad at the moment. It's our first chicks, I ordered 6 RIR and 6 EE pullets, and a free mystery chick.

I received an email from them Sunday afternoon that 'my order has been shipped'. I take that to mean the chicks went out before then, like on Sat. As of now, Tuesday night, I haven't the chicks, and it's been 20 deg. here. I have the supervisor, mailhandler and carrier all on alert at my post office (which is not where I work). The supervisor, who is very nice, said gently today that it may not be a good outcome.

I hope that I'm misreading the email and that they went out MOnday and will arrive Wed AM-she knows to call me as soon as they arrive on the dispatch. I sure hope that box is peeping...my kids have been so excited for the chicks and now we are stressed at what might be happpening to the babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by