Just registered for hunting course!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, I was planning on waiting until next year, because, well, I didn't honestly think that they'd have hunting courses this late in the year (it's required for your license). Anyways, I started poking around, looking at rabbit season and such (started yesterday!), and decided to check to see how early I could get a course in to get my lisence. Well, go figure, there're a bunch of them. I found one that's a 3 hour course, where you study on your own that is scheduled for Tuesday! It's an hour and a half away, but, I called to see if I could get someone to watch the boys (affirmative) and registered for the class!!! I have absolutely no hunting supplies, but, I can wear some of the stuff that the boys have, mostly their older stuff that they no longer fit into. Plus, the brother has already told me that I could use some of his guns! [​IMG] I can't believe how excited I am, lol.
    Wish me luck! I need to print the pages, study a little bit (they say 8-10 hours, pfft) and practice my shot a bit once I decide which gun I plan to use!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]
    Good Luck. Sounds like fun.

Imp

3. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Good luck!! [​IMG] I will be taking my hunter safety course next year-I hope. [​IMG] I've been saying that for a couple of years now, somehow I never seem to find the time. Maybe if I stop adding animals to my menagerie.....yeah, like that's gonna happen!! [​IMG] Anyways, good luck again and happy hunting-wooohooooo!!

4. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    u got the harder test comeing up then. for ours we took the regular course not the self study so we had to go to class for 2 days for a total of about 10-12 hours. we were excited too took forever for class to be done. 99% of our test was safety and was all common sence so u should have no problems. [​IMG] we didn't have to handle guns for ours but we had to now parts of the gun and gun safety. good luck and let us know how ya do!!!

5. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
    4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
  6. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    Hunting is a useful conservation tool that is used to control over population, disease and damage.

7. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
    4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.

8. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  10. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by