Just registered in Scotland!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bantambonanza, Oct 26, 2011.

1. bantambonanza

bantambonanza Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2011
    Cupar
    Hi there, I haven't had chickens very long but I'm obsessed already - just ask my husband! I sort of just fell into keeping two Silkie Bantam cockerels to begin with, since the gamekeeper at the deer park I work at showed up one day with two dog crates of cockerels a local vet had handed over which would have been euthanised if they couldn't be rehomed. I only really wanted hens, but when i sat down to look at these boys I ended up falling in love with my two, Percival and Reginald!

So that was about 2ish months ago, and just last week we finally got around to getting a bunch of hens for them! The hens are all different bantams, a Light Sussex, Scots Dumpy, Scots Grey, German Longshans, and two Welsummers. We're wanting to breed some Silkie crosses eventually!

I just joined tonight because the Light Sussex, Lily, has been escaping! I posted on "Managing Your Flock" board about this, please read it and give me some advice if you can!!

Ari

2. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you have a nice flock [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

7. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    Welcome from someone who wears the kilt sometimes here in Wake Forest, NC. Where in Scotland are you from?

9. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hi, from big bear, you'll love all the info you get here! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    [​IMG] from Tampa, FLA,,,,,,btw Percival and Reginald.....love those names!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by