Just saved him what is he? Edit to add pictures post #20

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by StormyMoon, Aug 20, 2010.

1. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    People moved out next door and leave rooster... we also need a name for him.....I left a letter saying if they didnt want him I would take him. They stopped by today and said I could go back there and get him. He was hot poor baby had no water and was trapped in a small cage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know he has been around for 2 yrs the people who had him before when we first moved here let him run free, then for a year he has been kept in a small cage till now.
    Thanks for anything anyone can tell me about him.......

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Don't know, but he's DEFINITELY a keeper [​IMG]

Glad to hear you got him out of a small cage that didn't have water. SOme people just make me want to strangle them - unbelievable. Wonder how they'd feel in a small, confined cage without any water?????>?>>>>>>>

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for giving that pretty little guy a chance. Kept in a cage? No water? I don't know your neighbors, but just from that I don't think they'd be counted as my friends....
    I'm sure he's DELIGHTED just to be out of the small cage. I hope he has a long, happy, healthy life with you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  4. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:I know its been breaking my heart knowing he was back there , and other neighbors on the other side of them are who let me know he was there. I was afraid it would cause issues if I snuck back and did anything about it. But finally someone came today and my daughter was outside . I told her anytime she seen someone drive up ask them if they didnt want him we would take care of him. These 3 young girls came to check on the house and handed him over to us. Now I can sleep better at night knowing he is safe.

5. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    He is so handsome , and he has his spurs huge ones I don't know if there is anything to do about that now that he has had them so long but they are very hard. I was very surprized to find him to be a very sweet creature after what he has been through being alone for so long. He allowed us to pick him up and is letting us pet him.

6. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Maybe some comb pictures to help I have never seen a comb like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. GrandmaAnn

GrandmaAnn Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2010
    Wisconsin
    He sure looks like a Sicilian Buttercup. There aren't many that have a comb like that. A purebred Sicilian should not have the points in the middle of his comb. He could easily be a cross. I can't see all his feathers well, but he could also have some brown leghorn in him. Whatever he is, he is beautiful.

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Buttercup don't have beards..

Chris

9. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:The comb at the back is round but it lays over for some reason its the angle of the picture and how we are holding him. He has feathered feet, and there is no white in his feathers at all all I can see is different shades of reds and browns with hold on the top and his tail is black. And yes he has cheek feathers and a beard. He is around a little over 2 yrs old and he is small maybe some sort of bantam?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  10. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by