Just saw eyes

kyle7630

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
Semora NC
I just pulled into my driveway and as I was pulling in, I saw some pinkish orange eye shine from in a tree. Its in a small patch of trees about 300 yards from my coop. What makes that color shine?

E.T.??..
big_smile.png
..heres a bump up..Wendy

I'm not sure about the color of the eye shine, but I'm thinking possum. I could be way wrong, but I believe they do have pinkish eyes and then there's the tree. Possum seems to fit to me.
smile.png

Best guess in a tree at night in NC would be possum, coon, owl of some sort, or cat. Grey foxes can also climb trees. It's true that you can't always tell type by the color of the shine.

I was leaning towards opossum too. I recall several times seeing them in the road with pinkish eyes. I just thought of something too. I remember seeing a feral cat a few times when we first moved here that looked like it carried the albino trait. Not sure why it would just hang out in a tree at 1:30am, but who knows.
There are all sorts of predators here and it could be any of them I guess. I live on a 13 acre tract surrounded by 77 more acres that boarders a decent size lake. I have seen redtail hawks and what I think is a golden eagle, heard turkey that seem to respond to my guineas calls, but that's it. Oh, lots of deer and the mystery thing that I will start another post about. I am leaning towards opossum or the white cat I guess.

pinkish-orange eys = possum

You will see them in trees more often than on the ground too. I cannot stand the overgrown rodents. eeeeeeewwwwwww

Back
Top Bottom