Just saw the new member forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Schrebergaertner, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Schrebergaertner

Schrebergaertner Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi, I've been a member for a month now and am grateful for all the wonderful help and info. I feel a little silly--for the first time today I scrolled down beyond the first set of forums and saw lots of great new stuff, including this introductions page. So here goes:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, we are new to chickens. We moved from a suburban house to a VERY suburban/almost rural (at least as rural as you can get in Orange County, CA) house about 6 months ago. The home has a great chicken house with a concrete run, and we couldn't wait to order our chicks.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 11 hens (pullets, I guess) and 1 roo (that is, unless one of the 3 BOs who seems quite a bit bigger than the other two and has a much larger comb ends up being male).

(3) What breeds do you have? BO, RIR, BR, and EE/Ameracauna

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I think from the "Chickens for dummies" book that was our bible when we got started.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? The new house with all the fun animals has just about displaced all our other hobbies for the moment. I've got a pretty good-sized veggie plot and am an avid compost wacko.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 5 horses on the property, 2 we own, 3 are boarders. Koi pond with tons of fish. Aviary with about 40 parakeets and finches. 2 cockapoos. 2 hamsters. 2 guinea pigs. One hermit crab (the oldest of all our pets).

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Ah, don't worry about it.. I never did see it either until I had something over 500 posts under my belt.. I just got so excited, I jumped right in and never looked back.. [​IMG] But [​IMG] Glad you joined..

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

[​IMG] from Mississippi

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Imp

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

9. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

10. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio. Better late than never. I'm actually newer here than you.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by