1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just saying hello :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fangurley, Nov 3, 2015.

1. fangurley

fangurley New Egg

Nov 3, 2015
    Hey Im fangurley or fan for short.

Im a college student in Texas so it'll be quite awhile before I have my own backyard to have hens in.
    I have about a year and a half left of school and then I'll need to save up to buy a house so hopefully
    within the next five years or so, Im pretty good about saving money.

I've mostly been raised with cats and dogs growing up at my parents house and right now I have my own cat.
    I've never had chickens or pet fowl before but I've always had a stronger bond with animals than people and Im willing to learn and adjust for new animal family members. One of my friends recently asked me about all the pets I wish to have and this is the list right now:

[​IMG]

There are currently twelve animals on that list, and although Im in college I actually have lots of free time to look up how to care for these animals so I know what Im getting into later. Thats how I found this site, I end up here a lot when looking up information and I thought I should just join.

Other stuff about me:
    My major is graphic design. I draw stuff on the internet. I love to play video games. I love comics and cartoons.
    Favorite food is probably french toast or ice cream.

I dont know how active I'll be on the site since I dont own any chickens yet but I will be quietly reading around on the forums.

-fan

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    [​IMG] Welcome! This is definitely the site to be on if you are even considering raising chickens!!!!!!! So much great information. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    Hi Fan, [​IMG]

If you haven't already been there, check out the Learning Center. There are a lot of articles there on a wide variety of topics. And if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Nice to have you here!

4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

5. IceAngel

IceAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    Welcome, Fan.

Graphic Design is a great choice for a career. Good that you love animals because computer work can be a lonely field. Do you live on campus? Are you allowed any animals there?

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Fan, I think you can tell by my avatar that we share a passion for ice cream. Speaking of which , have you tried it on waffles with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and a cherry. I haven't but, I am fantasizing about it now.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Glad that you joined the flock [​IMG]

7. IceAngel

IceAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2013
    Are you following me @drumstick diva , lol? I am just typing this because I want to see if my Avatar name changes once I hit 201 posts, lol.

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    I see where you are chillin with your peeps!

9. fangurley

fangurley New Egg

Nov 3, 2015
    @IceAngel : Nah I live off campus so I could have my cat, she acts a lot like a dog though. Loves to play fetch and get into trouble.

@drumstick diva : I've actually have been on an ice cream shortage since blue bell had to restart production. I probable wont get any blue bell till late november or december. In the mean time I have to go out for ice cream from marble slab or a local place called rhea's.

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by