1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just saying Hi! I'm new....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kfdaycare, May 5, 2017.

1. kfdaycare

kfdaycare Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2017
    My name is Lisa! I have been adopting baby chicks for four years now. I've owned a home daycare/preschool for 27 years. We get the baby chicks....teach the children about chicks and chickens. After 2 or 3 weeks...I take them to a one day charity/learning day and area children get to meet them. The next week...they go to my friend's farm. He's an organic farmer and they live a wonderful free range life! Each year it's been hard to say good-bye...and this year...I gave them to my friend...and had such remorse....missed them. Soooo...we decided this is the year to start a backyard chicken flock!

My new babies hatched Monday and arrived at my home yesterday! 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Easter Egger and 1 Buff Orpington. They are so stinking cute!!! Coop in progress. I ordered a large premade one..and have plans to beef it up and add to the run. We will also free range them.

I found BackYard Chickens when I was doing my homework on the internet for how to care for the chicks...and in helping to make the decision that we can do this.

My other hobbies are reading, hanging out with friends....movies...gardening...and volunteer work. I do a lot of volunteer work;

I have been married for 32 years, have 2 grown kids, 2 dogs, Angel Fish, Gouldian finches and a Timbrado canary. My daughter and I bred our canaries for a couple years and were part of a bird club back in the day. Over the years, we've had a zoo of pets in our lives.

I own and operate the daycare, and also have a ladies boutique. I'm always busy...but I love what we do!

I'm very glad to join your group. Thank you for sharing so much information!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Lisa

Glad you could join the flock! Wow, do you get any time to yourself? You sure do sound like you are a busy bee over there!

Congratulations on getting your own flock started :clap I'm sure will enjoy this new chicken journey very much. It really is a fab hobby that's very rewarding and your new babies sound adorable.

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Lisa. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Lisa and welcome to BYC - please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    CT

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Lisa [​IMG] Welcome!

Aaaaw, cuteness overload!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by