Just Scentsational! Coop Scentry - by Home Depot

EKC Farms in the desert

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 21, 2011
New River, AZ
While looking on line I found this product (Just Scentsational! Coop Scentry). "It's the humane and environmentally friendly way of ridding your chicken coop area of unwanted pests. Most backyard chicken people have trouble with animals, snakes, birds, and other pests raiding their chicken coop. The Coop Scentry is a scented protection stone keeps away weasels, foxes, skunks, rabbits, deer, squirrels, gophers, chipmunks, mice and other rodents. Place the predator scented Coop Scentry where you need the most protection from these pesky critters. For best results in large enclosures place one every 12 to 16 feet apart. The Coop Scentry is made of an all natural absorbent stone. Rechargeable scent is available when the Coop Scentry needs a recharge. Good for many months of outdoor protection".

Does anyone use these already?? I am thinking to place them around the exterior of the coop to help keep critters away. Any thoughts?

Sorry never heard of it. I bet they got you hooked by the replacements, are replacement required? A better coop may be in order. If the coop is predator proof, there you go.

Hey welcome to the
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks Steve! I try and post more often and get to know the BYC Members- but time is not on my side some weeks!!

From what the package says- it sounds like you will eventually need a replacement. I am not sure how often you need to refresh them. We don't have a coop yet. Still waiting to close on our house. After that its GAME ON and time to get the coop up and running. We have looked at a lot of videos and designs- so I THINK our coop will be very secured and hard to get into to. But on the other hand- I hate snakes and spiders. Our house is going to be out in the desert; where there are scorpions, black widows, and rattle snakes. So I want to get everything I can get to protect my hens, as well as I don't want to go out and find any special visitors there. So I am thinking if this product will help deter everything- I will most certainly invest in them!

Wow with that being said I would get a unit off the ground and just make sure the run has the bottom wired to. I helped my friend Brian and he was lucky enough to get his hands on a little BobCat with a shovel on the front and dug down 6" and we place his wired run made from Chain Link Fence on the bottom and 4' up from the bottom the little 1" mesh square chicken cloth. Then back filled it by wheel barrels full and packed it. Chicken coop on 1 side and a door on the other. I loved it. No snakes there. I do not know how it will keep scorpions out and little critters like bugs but its more secure than any normal coop and run I have seen. Not large predators to fear at all. Then he put the North and the windward side those green slats that slide into chain link fencing. Sorry no picture but you get the idea. Solid and permanent. Good luck with the chickens and you new home.

Back
Top Bottom