1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just set 17 Eggs in the Incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Critter Crazy, May 14, 2007.

1. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Well I decided to give it a go once more this year, only this time, i am hatching my own eggs! They will be mixed breeds, as all my birds free range together. I am realy excited to see what I come up with! Hopefully I get a good Hatch![​IMG]

P.s the list of breeds I own is in my Suggy. should be interesting!

2. chrissieg

chrissieg Chillin' With My Peeps

I set 12 eggs on Friday and sneaked in another 6 on Saturday [​IMG] Shall we hold hands together? [​IMG] All mine are leghorns 6 white, 6 exchequer and 6 lavender all via e-bay!

3. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

we just set 39 today. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Critter Crazy

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Woohoo!!! We can all freak out together!!![​IMG][​IMG]

5. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Congratz you guys! I bet its pretty exciting. i wish i had eggs in an incubator... [​IMG]

6. chrissieg

chrissieg Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey anybody done any candling yet? [​IMG]
    I'm doing mine tomorrow 10 days - I'll let you know hopefuls and doubtfuls and no hopers!!!!

7. Critter Crazy

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I am going to be doing mine at 10days as well, which will be Weds. Fingers Crossed![​IMG]

8. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I put 16 wheaten penedesenca eggs in the incubator on Friday. The three week wait is killing me. I don't know how all you human mothers and fathers could stand it for nine months! The eggs are too dark so I can't candle.... so I will know nothing until day 21!

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I set 4 eggs on the 15th I had to take out 1 because of air bubbles. Today I candled and I have 2 that are all dark except for a air bubble. Its hard to see they are brown eggs. The other one doesn't look like it took. I will wait a few more days to see. I made my incubator so I only wanted to do few eggs just in case it didn't work. So I guess I will have two chicks.

10. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    I just set 37 eggs on Friday afternoon. 8 are mixed, the others are Buff Orp, WCB Polish, Ameraucana, and some Araucana's.

The next 3 weeks are gonna drag by..Good Luck everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by