1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Just set 23 eggs in bater

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shellz131, Jul 9, 2010.

1. shellz131

shellz131 Sams Memory Lane

Jun 28, 2010
    Malone Ny
    [​IMG] heres hoping some hatch [​IMG]
    I got them from Misty7850 she gave me a list of what they could be
    [​IMG]

Roosters
    Black silkie
    Black and white Anacona

Hens
    White Leghorns
    Black Australorpes
    Dominic
    Buff Orpington
    Americauna
    RIR

Bantees
    RIR
    Unknown red mix
    Black Silkie
    [​IMG]

2. Freebie

Freebie Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I just had a terrible hatch. but just put another 22 eggs in tonight around 930. good luck and keep us posted.

3. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    It's addictive isn't it? [​IMG]

4. Freebie

Freebie Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    yes, I have done 2 hatches and have not had very good success. I am going to try the dry method, as it seems the humidity had been to high. I thought that 75-80 for lockdown, but I think that is to much for my basement. I also think I had it to high during the first 18 days. It ran about 60. After a little research, I just figured I would give it a try. So, I am going to do like 30-35 for the first 18, then for lock down 50-60. I am hopeful.

5. *sends mental goodvibes for incubating and hatching*

6. Freebie

Freebie Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Thanks a bunch Cattitude!! And thanks for the support in my last endeavor. It sure was heartbreaking. A friend of mine wants me to hatch him some Quail, but I don't feel I should till I have some good hatches.

7. Freebie

Freebie Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    sooo. Shellz131 when will you candle? I was thinking I would wait till the 16th. That will be day 7. but I may do a spot candle and just see if any veining is going on in a day or so. I am going to have a very busy week coming up. Fair week is the week of the 19th, and we camp there. I come home every night as we have animals here to care for, so someone must be here in the morning and at night. Wish there was someone I could trust with the dogs and the incubator and little ones. I know someone who would take good care of the outside chickens and pigs... but don't trust many with the dogs and incubator. oh, and the sow is due any day now with her litter. I am hoping she delivers before Friday.

8. I know that feeling. A body really worries about their pets and livestock when they're unable to care for them personally. I went to Kansas for a wedding this past May, right in the middle of incubating a batch of mixed chicks from our motley flock. I kept thinking about them, hoping things would be all right... and they were. Have fun at the fair, and eat some funnel cake for me!

9. Freebie

Freebie Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I will surely eat some funnel cake. at least one time. Tomorrow night I will candle the eggs. I think something is going right form me. I have at least two broodies right now. so if I play my cards right. and I get some eggs to hatch... I will have some hens to raise those babies. The bad thing is that the BLRW's hen is supposed to be going to fair. She is going to look like crap as she has been sitting in that nest now for about 3 weeks. I keep taking all the eggs, but she does not care. I have a golden comet that sat in the nest box for a month. I finally put her in a rabbit cage with 4 eggs. she pushed one out of the nest and is happy as can be. Bites me everytime I check on her if it is light or dark. she cares not. She bites and I swear she twists her head around to make it hurt more. lol. they are due to hatch one day before the incubator eggs. I figured I would have a nice little broody for the little ones. Now the BLRW's are doing the same thing. I only have 2, but one of them has been in there about 2 weeks. the other one just started last night and the cuckoo marans was laying right on top of one of the BLRW's. I think it is going to be a broody summer here.
    Oh, I plan on candling tomorrow night. yeah!!!

10. Freebie

Freebie Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Hey Shellz131. How are things going? I think I will candle sometime before Monday. Just to see what is going on. Hope all is going well with your hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by