JUST SET ANOTHER BATCH OF EGGS IN THE BATOR!!!

skeeter9

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
Foothills of Central CA
Well, here I go again! I ordered some Cuckoo Marans and Blue Orp eggs from a guy and I put them into the bator last night. I can't believe I'm hatching another batch!!!!

I candled the eggs before I put them in and most of them are very porous, so that kinda deflated my eggcitement. I'm gonna give em a shot, though, and see if any make it. Some of the Marans eggs are super dark - very pretty!!

The countdown begins. . . .

Lori

Congrats I just set some welsummer eggs along with some partridge & cuckoo silkies on wednesday. I couldn't candle the welsummer eggs either they were very dark. Good Luck on your hatch.

I just had 3 to hatch on Tuesday and wednesday,
have 4 due next wednesday, and I just set 8 silkie eggs wednesday.

Im thinking I've got to stop this after the silkies!!

Well, that's the thing about addictions, your logical side tells you to stop, but the other side (the dark side) tells you to keep doing it and doing it and doing it!!!!!!! LOL

smile.png

Last edited:
If you got them from who I think, I believe I told you most of mine were porous as well and I only had two hatch, one of those being Skye. Sometimes, the shells have lots of "texture" and they appear porous, but are only splotchy. Although I'm sure you know a porous egg when you see one, I hope they're more splotchy than porous and you have a great hatch!

You're right, Cyn, and yes, it's the same guy. Particularly with the Marans eggs, I had a hard time telling porous from speckled. Most of the Orps were porous, but I'm going to put them all in the bator and see what happens - you just never know. I'll be happy to get a couple from each breed.

Mareloo, I was going to suggest that we start a hatchaholics club, but then I realized that that's what BYC is!!! DUH!!!!!!

I now caught myself starting to watch the bator at day 18!

You had to see the dear sweet old ladys face at the shop when I asked for other battery's!

I know, I just love this site. It still amaze me how tolerant everybody is and how even the most sillist question get answered. There is no drama, even when people disagree!

I love this baby making thread! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom