just shoot me

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by pokey, Mar 5, 2009.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    have you ever had a day that you felt like , what's the use? we were going to pick up some birds i bought off eggbid today and my dh is on the phone w/ dmil. well, while trying to make everyone happy we decided to let his mom and mine organize a SMALL couples shower, which is like a bbq/baby shower. i wanted to make homemade invitations and choose the guest, no big deal, right? well, his mom has not gotten in touch with mine yet, but has starting making plans with her sister........[​IMG] ok, i thought it would be the two grandmothers together. then she is upset because she wants atleast 79 relatives on her side invited.THAT'S NOT SMALL !!!! so when i told her we were keeping it to a min of 30 MAYBE 40, she gets all upset and i told her i'd have dh call her later. about20 min later she calls him on the phone crying hysterically and litterally screaming.she has been really depressed and keeps talking about killing herself. so i feel like giving up on the shower now... he is worried what she might do and i just wanted something small and simple.......[​IMG]

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] This type stuff is always just so very frustrating and stressfull! I am sorry to hear it's going this way. you should be having a good time and enjoying yourself, not worried about such petty stuff.

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Think.....Precious baby stuff......Precious baby stuff....Precious baby stuff...............Hmmmmmmmm! This too will pass. Have fun at the shower, I'll keep ya'll in my prayers. [​IMG] Micah

4. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Your very lucky to be loved like that. [​IMG] Just think of all the goodies you and the baby will get. In these times....one needs to just sit back and be doted on. Good luck and try to be patient with them.

5. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Just let them plan the shower for you. Tell your mother in law to include your mom. Then sit back and let them plan the party. Have fun with it. It's not everyday you get a baby shower.

6. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Don't let the stress and drama take the joy out of this precious time. I had siter in law's dragging me through the ringer and finally I said "Enough this is my time to enjoy this precious gift and yall have fun at the party cause I will not be there". They all straightend up and worked together even though they didn't like it cause they knew family and friends were expecting this party. Good luck and [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I understand your frustration. Try to understand their excitement. It is only one day and you will get a TON of stuff you probably need and a bunch more you don't and can donate to a needy cause. That is how I had to look at it when my mother went BALLISTIC at a small shower. One day. One day. One day only.

8. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Your MIL needs to realize that this is about what you and your husband want, not her. I had one of those MIL's I ended up not having a shower the next time, or at least she didn't know I had one. Sorry I know that I sound cruel by not telling her but that's how it happened.
    Maybe you can have a shower with your DH's family and then with yours later.
    I hope things get smoothed out [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Can we say "MANIPULATION"????? If she is doing that now it probably will not get any better until your other half puts his foot down. That includes threats of suicide etc. Stand your ground or you'll lose what you have to stand on.

10. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i have decided to go ahead ahead and let his side throw a baby shower and invite whoever, how many, wherever for my husband......i will not be attending. i have a few ideas that i wanted to do myself so i will just go ahead with those and have my small, personal shower myself.......[​IMG].
    i personally hate drama and if having a small baby shower makes a mil want to committ suicide, then excuse me! you'd think i asked for something out of this world....... i know she is just playing this thing out, but i don't play mind games. oh, well.....back to the drawing board for ideas. i just want simple peace and quiet, only baby i'm gonna have...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by