just sold all of my baby chicks!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RaisinAFlock, Mar 13, 2015.

1. RaisinAFlock

RaisinAFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2014
    [​IMG]
    I have 14 baby chicks ranging from a couple days old to about 5 weeks old. That I hatched under my broody hens! I have sold every single one for $10.00 each in just a few days after posting an Ad on craigslist!

Two are leaving tommarow, four more on Monday, and the 8 littles in 3 weeks! All of my buyers are local and said that my prices are fair!

So exciting to be a farmer![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. JJSS89

JJSS89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2014
    E Washington
    They say don't count your chickens before they hatch...well don't count them before you have money in hand either[​IMG]

Craigslist has a lot of flakes. Like the Ol' Chinese Proverb in referring to snow and people, "Big flake never last long"

Hope they get bought by good homes [​IMG]

3. kyexotics

kyexotics Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2014
    We'll literally sell over 1000 chicks on Craigslist this year...CL is the goods!...You can post there and within minutes, gone...

Posted last night, we need to get rid of Lakenvelder and Guinea, popped an ad, $20 for the pair, within 20mins, lady called, she'll be here any moment...People use it and we've never met a kook looking into chickens...Well, not kookier than us!

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I use CL a lot too. I've met some really interesting people that were buying chickens off a CL ad!

5. lereg15

lereg15 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2015
    Crossville, Tn
    Congrats!!

6. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    This is totally off topic but can someone direct me to other forum members who breed Dorkings, I got show quality stock from a local breeder in every color except white and somehow produced what I believe is a white Dorking, possibly another younger white one too. I am puzzled by this.

7. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    There's a Dorking thread in the Breeding, Genetics and Showing section of the forum. You also might call and chat with the breeder you got them from about the white birds :)

8. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Oops, its now called "General Breed Discussions and FAQ".

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  9. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    I am reading about the white Dorking and believe 1/2 gene it is coming from my colored rooster, he is beautiful, show quality bird!! Very exciting to see the white!!

10. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    Silver grey hens, one of the three, is the other 1/2 carrier

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by