Just sold some eggs!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by countrygirl4513, Feb 28, 2008.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I just sold 4 dozen eggs, my whole stock to some Mexicans that stopped by. My whole inventory is gone. And of course it figures, I just gave 3 dozen away this morning to a friend, wish I had them back now. But I did get $3 a doz. Enough to pay for the feed I bought today. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They even wanted some chickens to eat. Of course I don't have any. But if my girls hatch out some roos I'll be happy to sell them to'em. But that won't be for months. Now I gotta go cover up my FRESH EGGS FOR SALE sign.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    congrats on selling you eggs [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    You want some of mine? [​IMG] I've got around 6 or so dozen hanging out on my kitchen counter [​IMG]

4. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    How nice to sell some eggs!!! My husband wants to keep all of ours or give them away!! I do not want to get rich or anything but covering the cost of feed would be nice!!Way to go!

5. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Congrats! The only time ppl stop by my house was when they wanted to buy Henry as a fighting cock. Yeah like that big baby would go after anything!
    And of course they got a few choice words from me [​IMG]
    Now that we have our privacy fence up for them...no more unexpected guests. I thought about putting up a eggs for sale sign but didn't know how other people in my neighborhood might feel.

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Yeah!!!

7. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I'm in a rural area so I was tickled to sell them. But it does make me worry about strange men just showing up. Luckily my DH was here to go to the door.
    I wish I knew if I had a market for meat chickens @ here. Because most of the mexicans want a fresh kill when it comes to meat. If I knew I could swing it I'd have a slew of them to sell. Friend of mine says they can go as much or more than $20 a bird. That would be a good lil business.

8. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    Congrats. :clapIt is really exciting to sell those first eggs. My husband would go out and squeeze the eggs out if he thought they would lay faster. He sells every dozen I get at work. People walk up to me on the street, and ask me if I have any eggs to sell. I even have my students trying to buy them from me. Mine are pretty cheap, but I do cover the cost of the feed.[​IMG]

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Hey I wish I had eggs No fair I should have some soon but there is a huge demand in this area for home raised eggs 3.50 to 4.00 a dozen !

Henry

10. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Now you have enough money to buy more chickens!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by