Just Some of the "Kids" Today (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
I caught some of the Girls eating snow off the leaves today and my 14 week old Barred Rock boy sparring with the Blue Orp cockerels through the fence-guess they're the only ones on this place that don't intimidate him, LOL. Zane is looking more manly these days with his saddle feathers finally coming in better and his many crowing attempts. Got a shot of him with his dad, Hawkeye, in the picture, facing the same direction. Poor plucked Hawkeye-don't look at that; his one woman Olivia plucks his saddle feathers as they grow in and Meg pecks on his comb and wattles. He's just too good to those girls! I believe Zane will look more like Hawkeye than Gabriel does, don't you, Ga Chicken Mom? He's of a more stocky-type build.
DCP_9536.jpg

DCP_9538.jpg

DCP_9547.jpg

DCP_9546.jpg

DCP_9552.jpg

DCP_9551.jpg

DCP_9543.jpg

My chickens look pathetic. Thanks for the eye candy. Mine have molted, a couple I think are trying to go broody - 2 white wyandottes that have plucked their chests nearly bare ... I am seriously considering putting duct tape on them
sad.png
hmm.png

Well, Hawkeye sure looks pathetic! If Livvie would leave his new saddle feathers alone and Meg would quit trying to eat his comb and wattles for a snack, he'd be fine. Plus some are covered in the fine red dirt that's around the foundation of my house they dustbathe in-all the white feathers are clay colored. One of my SLWs, Violet, is molting, I noticed. Her bottom is almost bare and she's missing breast feathers. For the most part, the molt here is over, thank goodness. Sunny may be slightly bare under her wings and bottom, but the rest are looking fat and sassy now, even formerly-pitiful Lexie. A few have small bare spots right above the tail, the usual places for rooster-favorites.

Nice once my hens start to lay I will have to post pictures I am afraid they will not be looking there best untill they molt because of the heatlamp incident.

Thanks,
Henry

Back
Top Bottom