Just some pics of my guineas

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by elevan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. prairie

prairie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    Kansas
    The one sure has big wattles! Mine males don't have that big of wattles at all. My 2 males are the same color as yours -- not sure what color they are called. The 3 females are a light gray. Thanks for sharing!

3. WalkingWolf1

WalkingWolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Vermilion
    NIce looking birds. I have 35 eggs in the incubator and it looks like nearly everyone is developing. I can't wait.

Prairie -- www.pjbs.org/ijps/fin1227.pdf

4. naturespace

naturespace Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2011
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I think that's the pearl color. I like your set up. Looks pretty safe. I had two guineas get hit by a car a few weeks ago. Might need to fence in our yard. At least it would discourage them from just walking into the road. Dummies! :D

5. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

My "set up" in that pic is very deceptive cause the guineas are not where they are supposed to be.

My guineas have a 4 acre field that they are supposed to be in. But the frequently fence jump to the back yard...then sometimes they jump the next fence to get into the front yard. They never go beyond my front door though and usually when they're in the front yard it's to harass the dog.

You see a goat pen behind them in this pic and they are in the backyard. (They venture into that goat pen frequently too.)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  6. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon

sounds like the typical guinea lol[​IMG]

7. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by