Just spent 16.00 on Layena pellet feed...

Sozoed

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 8, 2011
(grabbed it by mistake instead of the crumble) and my pullets won't touch it! ( They gobbled down the crumble like there was no tomorrow.) Any way I can make the pellets more appetizing to them?...like slightly crushing them? They might be too hard, compared to the crumble.

You can try adding some water to them. I know - it sounds crazy, and people look at me like I have lost my mind BUT my chickens love, love, love their feed to be watered down.

Pour the feed into a container, then add enough water to cover the food. The food will soak up the water and expand.

Thank you! I will try this.
smile.png

Quote:

Quote:
If your blender is plastic, the feed will permanently scratch it. I blended some starter once and it scarred my food processor.

My silkies and assorted banites over the years have always been able to swallow the pellets. My general rule is that they can easily swallow anything the size of their eye and smaller without trying.

If you leave it out, they will eat it. I found that by switching to pellets i had less waste. A bag of pellets last a whole day longer than a bag of crumbles. I get 5 days on crumbles and 6 on pellets.

Back
Top Bottom