Just talkin' to myself here

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
I love my Keurig coffee brewer. It's the next best thing to a microwave oven. No more "old" coffee leftovers or trying to figger out how to make PART of a pot of coffee. Yah, not cheap, but I have used the K-Cup thingie in which you put in your own coffee, and I've also re-used some K-cups instead of using a fresh one.

I'm starting to wish I was financially secure enough to retire and just take care of my chickens instead of going to work five days a week. I bet I'd be more organized in selling eating eggs. I might even start selling chicks, who knows? I want to be better about yard upkeep, too. I'm just whipped when I get home from work. Hmmm, probably should add "housework" to that "wishing about being better at keeping up on it" bit.

Prepared foods from the deli section of the grocery store are far more interesting to me than they ever used to be. My tastes are expanding, too. Cold pasta salads with different types of cheeses, or different rice mixtures really appeal to me. I also have discovered the best fried chicken I have ever tasted at the "Chinese" counter: Brandy Fried Chicken. REALLY expensive so I usually only buy a breast, which is more than enough to fill me up for dinner. REALLY good.

Branched out to White Merlot wine, instead of the usual White Zinfandel I was stuck on for quite a time. In the last few years, I've discovered a really good vodka, too: Blue Ice. It's made from actual potatoes, like vodka is SUPPOSED to be, and is an American vodka. That's my sipping beverage, straight. I will also drink Skyy vodka but there's a chance it might just be for the really pretty blue bottle. The empties looks awfully nice on my bottle tree in the back yard.

I've got a sudden hankering for fish & chips.

Oh! Carl's Jr now sells sweet potato fries! Very lightly salted. NUMMY!

I thought I was on a rampage to natter on about a whole slew of things, but have stuttered to a stop. Oh well. Probably be back here after work tomorrow to add a few things.

lol.png
lau.gif

I want me a Keurig!!!!!!

My local stores deli is lacking to say the least.

LOVE LOVE LOVE White Merlot, as well as Charddonay from Raymond Vineyards (not relation)

I know a couple of people who have them & really love them. I have had coffee at their homes that they made & it was actually quite good... and I'm quite picky when it comes to coffee.

I know what you mean about expanding one's tastes in food, wine, and the good things in life. I've come to be very fond of food in a way that I didn't used to be. I eat slower and enjoy my food more. I taste it, inhale the aromas, and I love love LOVE to cook.

I'm wish you, Linda. I want to retire, stay home, take care of my chickens, grow my garden, can, cook, and just be a Domestic Goddess Extraordinaire.

How funny that women 50 years ago would move heaven and earth to get out of the house and into the workplace... after 30 years in the workplace, I'm ready to just be a wife/mom/grandma/chickeneer.

I've got a gorgeous professional espresso/capuccino/hotwaterontap machine from an actual coffee shop - bit chrome thing but with entire brass interior. Gorgeous. I want to strip it back and polish it but hubby says no.
hmm.png
Edit: Ah! Here she is: http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/7321_168050434198_698574198_3722395_6394285_n.jpg

My
tastes are expanding too. I love bleu cheese and I hated it as a child. I love olives and capers and anchovies, too. I adore them all together especially. With crackers and chili chutney.

Even my husband now (who was raised on frozen home-brand lasagnes) won't go out to eat because "my wife can make it better at home"... he said he actually gets upset now when shopping because desserts just aren't the same in shops. I used to be a patisserie chef so I ruined the poor boy. And then one day he made verjus pumpkin risotto!! ... I think I taught him well. So proud. Waah.

And my liquor of choice is Patron Anejo. Spoiled. Yup.

Edit: my favourite wine is verdehlo - still can't get off the sweet whites. Darn.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom