Just tell it to me straight...

ibeamee

Hatching
10 Years
May 14, 2009
My husband opened the window this morning to yell at the dog and we heard a noise come from my TSC "assorted pullets". It sounded like a crowing sound.

My "girls" are 9 weeks old now, and here's some pictures of the "dominate female" at 8 weeks:

3531871017_fdc720ee47.jpg

3532691968_70af972d7a.jpg

Is she really a he? Do I have a rooster in my hen house?

Looks like it to me, too. Mine are about the same age as yours and none of them have a comb that's that big.

Are you sure those birds are 8 weeks old??

It actually looks like a pullet to me because Leghorns tend to mature faster than other breeds. The sex-link to the side also seems to be getting a red face and comb which indicates they are a bit older??

It's a rooster IMO. Even though leghorns mature fairly early, at 9wks a leghorn pullet still wouldn't have a comb and wattles that are that red.

I've got another leghorn pullet who is the same age and she has no comb. The two side by side look very different. Anyone want a picture?

ide say a leghorn pullet and thats not 8 weeks its way to big to be a 8 weeker and if it was a boy it wouldnt be crowing at 8 weeks but then again i could be wrong they look almost exactly like my girls at 4 months and 4 days old and did you get em from ideal just wondering

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom