Just took my buddy-sour green mare for a beautiful ride!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by TarheelBirdy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

The only horse I've ever broke myself - I have avoided riding her alone out of (I will admit it) fear......I have felt for a while that it is time to try it, just got the nerve up tonight, with the big bright moon and my husband not home to talk me out of it....

We had a gorgeous ride. She did perfect....only a few moments that she said "whew," or that I had to correct her to teach her that all is ok.

I know this is not Guinea related, but I had to brag to some fellow animal people. I am in heaven.

2. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm horse people, too. I completely understand your desire to brag!

Way to go on your first ride! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Been there myself and I know how it feels. You should be proud! Keep celebrating. That's awesome. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

had horses now 44 years. i used to love going for moonlight rides... Miss it terribly. Just wear the helmet.... I never did and am paying the price.

4. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    [​IMG] LOL congrats, very gratifying ride, no doubt [​IMG] Congrats on your success with your confidence and with your mare [​IMG]
    I thought you were going to say the you had Guineas follow you or found a stray Guinea on your ride, lol.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  5. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    I know your feeling of joy. It's a awesome thing, the first ride. Only you and the young horse. I miss it horrible. [​IMG] and keep going. Maybe one day, you will show us a pic with guineas follow you and the horse [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by