Just two pics!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by shchinchillas, Oct 23, 2010.

1. shchinchillas

shchinchillas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    PA
    Snapped these yesterday. We introduced the "new" peas to our current pair, and everyone had done wonderfully. Amazingly the two males have bonded. The girls are normally found spaced out in their own "areas" while the two males aren't without each other. Jade, my org. female is "top hen" and keeps everyone in line despite being the youngest.

Erohs and Jade are my India Blue Pieds. My other 4 is a midnight bs quad. You'll see the male, and 1 of his females. The midnight looks very different depending on the light. This is right around his "normal" color however when the sun hits right he is a bit more blue, but still has the dark feathers on the throat. Very neat to look at.

We've had a VERY dry summer, so the grass doesn't look to great. Hopefully next year when we double the pen the grass will have a better chance. These guys will be split during breeding season to insure they breed "true".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kathydoolittle

kathydoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Pittsburg KS
    Awesome

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Beautiful! Love your pieds! the coloring on your midnight is quite striking. I see on your sig line you have a few chinchillas, too --- I have a friend who has some, very neat little animals.

4. shchinchillas

shchinchillas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    PA
    Yes, I do have the chins. They are very neat little critters!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by