Just waiting for the little doggie to puke.............

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Dec 24, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    *SIGH* My insanely bratty little dog, Bella, decided I didn't have enough fun things to do today. Soooooooooo she decided to eat the little oxygen absorbing packet from some bacon bits. We couldn't be lucky enough to have the kind that are silica gel.....nope, this is the iron kind that can be deadly. She is a tiny little thing....maybe 2 lbs if I tie weights to her legs. So, I (on Dr's orders) am giving her peroxide and cleaning up puke. She is locked in the bathroom which is not making her happy, either. So far I have cleaned up a BUNCH but going to do it at least one more time to be SURE.

The brat.......
    [​IMG]

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    She is sooo cute! What breed is she? I sure hope she will be alright....

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I hope she feels better soon! I never heard of giving peroxide to dogs to make them puke. Is there a weight ratio?? My dog is 45 pounds - just a tad larger than your Bella. How much did you give her?

4. peeboo

peeboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    fort bragg nc
    lol this too shall PASS!

5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Oh the fun. I went through that one Christmas Eve when our dog jumped up on the table and ate a huge bag of Chocolate. The vet had us do the peroxide thing.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i've had to do the hydrogen peroxide puke before. a tsp. does the trick.

amazing what a dog can get down really quick!

i hope Santa wasn't looking when Bella was a sassy girl!

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Well, the vet said to give her 1/2 tsp at 20 min intervals. It works.....FAST!!!! LOL

Thanks, she is really a doll. [​IMG] Not sure on the breed, her mom was a pregnant stray my neighbor's father found. We are certain on chihuahua, possible Tibetan Spaniel, and a bunch of other tiny stuff mixed in. Her little paws are smaller than a dime. [​IMG]

She is lucky she is LOVED!!!! LOL Oh, and I told her I was going t tell Santa, so even if he wasn't looking, he WILL know!!! LOL

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    oh no! Bella's going to get a lump of coal. don't let her eat it! [​IMG]

it does work fast, doesn't it? it's like the heaves of heaves!

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Trust me, unless it is a very fast running lump of coal she would definitely eat it!!! YEAH, it was quite amazing......I gave her the peroxide and started to slowly take her to the bathroom.....I felt her tummy muscles tighten and screamed MOVE I gotta run!!!! LOL

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Oh No!!

not the baby! [​IMG]

So sorry that happen Christy.. i know it's tough to see i sure hope she gets better soon you must update me on her [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by