Just wanna introduce myself!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NicolleJean, Oct 15, 2016.

1. NicolleJean

NicolleJean Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2016
    South Jersey
    Hi everyone! I am a wife and mom to a white german shepherd (Georgia) and four beautiful hens (Patsy, Loretta, Dolly, and Reba). I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG] of hen Dolly is? I was told she would lay brown eggs but that is about it. Thanks!

2. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure which of your hens is Dolly but will take a guess at 2 of them. The white & black looks like a Silver Laced Wyandotte and the black one in back could be an Australorpe. Someone else may come along that can see them better, so take my guess as just that...a guess.

Hope you are having fun with them!

3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! So glad you joined us, and I hope you make yourself at home here! I concur with the above. :D

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You can post photos of your girls at "what breed or gender is this." and find out. [​IMG]

6. NicolleJean

NicolleJean Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2016
    South Jersey
    Hi guys! Thanks! The guy who sold them to me said the black one was barred rock crossed with something? Her neck has barred markings but she is very dark for a barred rock. I know I have a silver laced. The one in question is the white one. She has goldiah markings around her neck and flecks of it throughout her body. I did try to post more pics but they didnt upload.[​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, NicolleJean, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Pretty birds! Thanks for joining BYC and best wishes! :)

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Dolly is a mixed breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by