Just wanna show off my Elvis rooster! =D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CalebtheChicken, Jul 8, 2010.

1. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    He's a wonderful rooster! I just want to show him off!!!
    I'll tell his story to [​IMG]

STORY:
    I was already waiting for 15 chicks from MPC, and my brooder was empty. At my 4-H meeting they had chicks that had hatched on the same day as my ordered chicks, so I bout 5 of them, Elvis, Birda, ChickChick, Mara, and Speckles. They comensed to breaking in to coop (my brooder was in it), they were having a good ol' time. Elvis was already acting like the little roo he was! (little cause he was half the size of 3 of the others and 1/3 the size of big Birda). Then that next day the 15 from MPC came. (with one extra deformed one, Snobol). The "Fantastic 5" who were already awake and thriving, didn't understand why these new comers insisted on sleeping most of the day. But they soon gave up on trying to play with them and just slept with them (Mob mentality and all). Elvis didn't like how he wasn't getting all my attention (he wasn't the smallest or weakest now, I had little banties and Snobol had special needs).
    Fast forward a week, Snubol had died [​IMG], and I had bought 4 more chicks. One of these for (My Crevecoeur) was very weak, so I had to make sure she was eating and Elvis was still not being cared for! But by now he was fine with it and was comensing with sparring with my other young roos (he was still a half pint). He actually won quite often!
    Fast forward 2 more weeks and it's outside the coop day- The little weak Crevecoeur was stronger now and was growing in her crest and beard (one feather at a time [​IMG]). Elvis has become the dominant chick and me and my family's favorite. Everyone is happy!
    Fast forward to a now, 15 weeks. Elvis and ChickChick are crowing, Their the 2 dominate roos, my other 3 roos don't crow. Elvis really looks awsome, he's turned out to be a Birchen bird [​IMG] and he doesn't like being handled!

Pictures of Elvis

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My other birds:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading and looking [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  2. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    handsome boy! I want to see this Crevecoeur though [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    OMG! Elvis is in the Coop!

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:*cackles* [​IMG]

I have a cat named Elvis; he thinks he's the real thing!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  5. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Quote:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by