1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just wanted to introduce the girls and show off the new coop

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jbcluckers, May 27, 2016.

1. jbcluckers

jbcluckers Just Hatched

May 27, 2016
    Door County, Wisconsin
    Hi again. Having too much fun. Just wanted to show off the girls and new coop.
    [​IMG]
    From left to right are Pearl, Louise, Lucy, Dorothy, Bea, and Irene.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The coop is 6'x8', insulated with power and lights. The run is 8'x12'.
    The pen is half the building and raised 2' off the floor so I can sit and talk with the girls and have storage underneath.
    Nest boxes off the side and more shelves to set the basket when collecting eggs.
    The board under the doors lifts out for easy cleaning along with poop board under the perch with PDZ for easy cleaning.
    The coop is very easy to keep clean and has never smelled bad. Everything needed is kept inside, stored away neat and tidy.
    Lots of reading on BYC has helped me to design my coop with the little details that truly make it an enjoyable experience.
    Thanks to everyone at BYC.

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG]Thanks for sharing. Good looking coop and birds.

3. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life! Premium Member

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    I love the names! Very nice looking coop.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for sharing your pics of your coop - looks great!

All the best
    CT

5. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    Hello and welcome! Your coop looks great, one thing you may want to change though. Your feed will be much harder fir mice to get into if in a metal can. Please understand I am suggesting only. I had mine in a plastic bin until mice chewed a hole in it. TSC has metal cans in bird feed section but there are larger ones as well in another part of their store. I have 4 of them now. Good luck and get ready to want more chickens!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

You have a lovely flock and coop there! [​IMG]

7. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    Hi and welcome to BYC I am glad you could Join us. I like the coop and ur birds but I have one concern with ur coop um the coop where the birds are able to go looks rather small correct me if I am wrong. But that many birds in that small space could leave you with less eggs when fully grown being that they are crowded I am so sorry if I am wrong just from the pic the space look small for the number of birds.

8. jbcluckers

jbcluckers Just Hatched

May 27, 2016
    Door County, Wisconsin
    The pen inside the coop is actually 6'x4 1/2' with the nest boxes outside the pen area.
    It' hard to get a good picture inside the coop so it looks a little deceiving.
    I'm hoping it's not too tight for them. I ended up with 6 birds when I was planning on 4 or 5.
    There's that darn chicken math everyone talks about. This is my first shot at raising chickens but I am catching on.

9. turtlewoman100

turtlewoman100 Just Hatched

May 28, 2016
    Santa Fe, NM
    Love your coop. It looks very well thought out. Ilike that you have storage inside. Your girls are mighty fine looking too.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Good luck with your flock. They seem to get along nicely on the roost which is a good thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by