Just wanted to say hello.

Little Red Hen 66

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 27, 2011
Hello! I have just discovered this site over the past few weeks...guess who has got a new incubator and is demented already!
smile.png
It has been fantastic to be able to dip in here and learn so much from your members and also to see that I'm not the only one going nuts during the incubation process. Hopefully at some stage I'll be more knowledgeable and have some words of wisdom to add to the discussions....but for now I'm on what looks like being a pretty steep learning curve.

I am in Ireland, and finally (after 10 years) we are in the position that we have been able to get chickens. It started out as one cock (Light Sussex) and 4 hens (Barnvelder, Blackrock, Rhode Island Red and Maran), but has grown already to include a Hamburg Bantam pair and the Buff Orpington pair and Welsummer pair are on order, also considering a La Bresse pair......oh, and the 2 Embden Geese are here already too. We live in the Countryside so this is part of our rural dream. We got the original 5 for my son who is almost 6 and it has been a fantastic experience for all of us so far. So far we have just been using the eggs or giving them to family and friends, but ultimately....(very soon if we get the incubation sorted out) I really want to produce chickens and maybe Geese and ducks for the table.

I live with my Husband and son (almost 6) and daughter (almost 2). We have 1 dog (a dalmatian rescued by animal welfare) and we still have 2 of our 4 original cats. I work in Education and I am an Artist.

Well, that's me. I'm looking forward to bumping into you on the boards. I have already learned so much by reading posts. Right now my nerves are shot as we are day 20 and no peeping or pipping!
th.gif

Last edited:
Welcome! Ahhh Irish Countryside, sounds lovely! Sounds like you have your hands full - chickens, and husbands, and children, and dogs, and geese! I guess husband shouldn't be plural!

Good luck!

~Amanda

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Sounds wonderful; we'd all love to see pics when you can. I wouldn't worry too much about the eggs, yet. Mine usually don't start peeping until right before they pip & that's usually the latter part of day 20 & on into day 21. Good luck
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom