Just wanted to say Hi from a new member!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jimlfergus, Dec 10, 2013.

1. jimlfergus

jimlfergus In the Brooder

Nov 27, 2013
    Spartanburg,SC
    I'm going to run thru the new member template questions as I tend to ramble a bit if I don't have a structure to go by.
    1)- Are you new to chickens/when did you first get chickens?-- I used to help our neighbor with his Leghorns when I was a teenager for about 3 years. Didn't have much of a chance after that as we moved around quite a lot and my spending 24 years in the military.
    2)- How many chickens do you have now?-- 0 We have 8 chicks on order that will be delivered the week of April 7.
    3)- What breeds do you have?-- Breeds on order are 2 of each Buff Orpington, Bared Plymouth Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Silver Laced Wyandotte.
    4)- How did you find out about backyardchickens.com?--Internet
    5)- What are some of your other hobbies?-- My main hobby is wood working.
    6)- Tell us about your family, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.-- My wife and I are both retired(me twice) we have 4 acres of land and approx.2acres are in woods. We want to clear them eventually and plant a few fruit trees (peach and Apple). My wife is a Master Gardner and Certified Beekeeper. We have 6 flower beds that are my wife's pride and joy and a 50'x30' veggie garden that I maintain. We have been involved in both for 20 years and sell our surplus crops at the farmers market. We both work the bees. Our coop is a work in progress. (see below) It has taken me about ma year to get to this point as it is my own design and I built it myself. The building is in 3 sections-- Coop, Storage Room, Equipment Shed. The coop end is pictured and is almost finished. It is 8'x 16' . There will also be a 20'x25' run on this end. Storage is 12'x16' and will be used for storing greenhouse, chicken and garden supplies. It will also double as a honey house during harvest time. The equipment shed is 16'x16'and will allow me get the lawn equipment and my old Jeep out of my wood shop in the barn.
    Well that is about it for now. When the building is complete, I would like to submit it to BYC and to show the build progression.
    Thanks for letting me bend your ear!!

[​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
  3. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Beautiful coop! Welcome to BYC.

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Lovely coop!

5. liz9910

liz9910 Crowing

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] wow beautiful coop!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

7. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Songster