1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just wanted to say thanks to the BYC community

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by CaptainCluck, Nov 10, 2013.

1. CaptainCluck

CaptainCluck Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2013
    Rolla, MO
    When my wife first mentioned chickens, I wasn't totally on board. We had them when I was a kid, but for eggs or my mom's pets. Each one eventually met a horrible end to one predator or another. We've become more conscious about our food choices, so we talked about meat chickens. The Internet led me here and the next thing I know I'm learning about hardware cloth, chicken breeds, etc. I repurposed part of a pole building into a coop and built a run. When that was done, I drove to Cackle Hatchery in Lebanon, MO to pick up my birds. I raised these critters for ten and a half weeks finally doing the deed today. I never would have been able to do any of it if it were not for collective wisdom and experience that is on this site. Thank you all who have contributed!

2. cypressdrake

cypressdrake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2012
    Thibodaux, Louisiana.
    No one can take all that credit. It takes a group effort to post so much knowledge in the chicken community, It takes folks like you to share questions and info to make such a popular site. Thank You for your support![​IMG]

3. CaptainCluck

CaptainCluck Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2013
    Rolla, MO
    As a follow up, we slow roasted a 10 pounder in the oven today. He was pretty tasty. Thanks again BYC!

4. cypressdrake

cypressdrake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2012
    Thibodaux, Louisiana.
    That's the way to go. You know where it's been and what your eating. More folks should learn to raise their own.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by