Just wanted to share ~ egg shells back to normal

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chicknhawaii, Aug 23, 2008.

1. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    Well after Chick-Chick laid her 1st 2 great eggs, there were 4 soft-shelled ones that I posted about. I got worried. [​IMG]

Anyway, I wanted to share the eggs she laid this week, one per day from August 19th-22nd (edit: from left to right). I thought that chickens lay at generally the same time of the day however Chick-Chick has a mind of her own. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Looking good! Not all birds have the same schedules so don't be worrying about that!

3. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    [​IMG] Thanks! I have always known beneath Chick-Chick's sweet exterior she has a mind of her own lol...

4. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    I had understood that most chickens will lay a bit later and later each day, then skip a day. An egg takes an average (?!) of 25 hours to form, start to finish, although of course every hen is different. My own girls do indeed lay a bit later and later, then skip a day. The morning after the skipped day they will lay very early in the morning.

chicknhawaii, I like that you are keeping obsessive track of your eggs. I do that too! LOL [​IMG] Thanks for posting the pics; it's very helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by