Just wanted to share link

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, Jul 4, 2011.

1. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
  2. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    I want one! Ha ha. I can get pallets for free but I think this may be beyond my husband and my skill level.

3. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    That is sweet! Thanks for sharing!

4. ContessaKris

ContessaKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Grandview (SKC), MO
    Thanks for sharing the link. We're in the process of planning our coop and I'm leaning towards pallet use. These are very cool!

5. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

I love these pallet reuse plans but no one tells how they disassemble their pallets. As a kid, I worked in a sawmill building pallets and it was oak with ringshank nails from a air nailer! If you missed, the nail stuck and the oak board broke first!

6. calista

calista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    What an impressive gallery! When you consider the zillions of wood pallets that go unused into landfills each year, it is heartening to see such practical designs you could actually LIVE in.

There's lots of great ideas there for carpenters to create one-of-a-kind coops. Thanks for sharing!

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:There are a couple of ways to disassemble pallets. We use to do it by using a crow bar and hammer. That was A LOT of work. We finally bought a sawzall, so now we use that.

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Pallet coops are awesome. That's all that we use.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by