Just wanted to share picture of my Black and Blue Copper Marans

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sebrightmom, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    The weather is finally in the 40s here. So, I decided to get some new pictures of my Marans. I just love these birds. They free range around my yard. They are very friendly and a pleasure to be around. I hatched out some of these from eggs and four of the hens came from Ray Valentine. They started laying over a month ago. They are laying good dark eggs too. I am new to this breed and am trying to learn as much as I can. I would love to be able to show them along with our Silkies and Ameraucanas.

This is my baby. I hatched him out. He is the friendest boy. He even comes to you wanting picked up.
    [​IMG]

This is one of my hens that came for Ray. She is a beautiful girl. I think so anyways.

[​IMG]

This is my blue girl. She is my only blue right now. I just love her.

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of their eggs. It is so hard to get a good picture. I have taken so many and still need a good one.

[​IMG]

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

they are so pretty! I am definitely going to get more of these than any other breed I think. I want a friendly, brown egg SUPER good layers, and everything I have read about them makes them sound more and more appealing!!! Thanks for sharing.

3. Sebrightmom

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    I think the Marans are a great breed. I wish I could have a lot more of them. I have egg in the incubator right now. I can't wait until they hatch.

4. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    They are gorgeous. I too want to add a couple of Marans to my little flock. Size wise, how big do they get? The eggs are such a lovely color.

Anne

5. Sebrightmom

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    They are about the same size as my Ameraucanas, but they are a lot heavier. My rooster is so heavy. I have never weighted him but he is a big boy. My hens are heavier than my Ameraucana hens too.

6. DDRanch

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    Excellent. Sounds like they will blend size wise with my current hens who are all about the same size. Thanks. I wish I lived closer to you !!

7. Sebrightmom

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
  8. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    This is Marjorie Marans here at POL
    [​IMG]

This is Marjorie with her Legbar sister - She is a big girl and there is a lot of weight to her, but she gets on well in the flock and is a little shy towards me
    [​IMG]

Here you see Marjorie's first egg - They are a little bigger now and she has settled down to producing one every 36 hours
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  9. DDRanch

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    Quote:Do all marans have feathered legs?

anne

10. Sebrightmom

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    All of mine do expect my blue hen. Her chicks should have feathered legs atleast I hope.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by