just wanted to show my birds :)

stumble_n_mumble

Songster
11 Years
Nov 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
hey guys. i always talk about my birds but have not posted pictures of all of them and today i have the time so i might as well.
smile.png

i currently have 8... 4 ducks and 4 chickens. here they are:

First up is Stumble:
I rescued her from our local meat farm when she was only a couple hours out of the egg. She is my first duck and will be 2 years old in September. She is a pekin duck.

18993_stumble.jpg

Next is Bill:
Bill is my first rooster that i have decided to keep. He is very friendly and very small. His crow is very quiet and he only crows for about a half hour. He is 4 months old. He is a silkie.

18993_bill.jpg

Next is Sookie:
Sookie was hatched from shipped eggs under my other white silkie. She is from lavender parents and she is very very friendly. She is 5 months old and is beautiful.

18993_sookie_front.jpg

18993_sookie_colors.jpg

Next is Klutzy:
The name was never supposed to stick but it has.... we have tried to change her name plenty of times but it never quite worked Lol. She is a blue swedish which i rescued from a farm that had over 350 ducklings they acquired and i picked her out of the bunch. She is about a year old now.

18993_klutzy.jpg

Next is my runner.... who doesnt have a name ?ideas?:
The runner was hatched under my silkie with sookie and is one of the best ducks i have. She runs all over with her quick step and is just adorable. She is 5 months old and i believe she thinks i am her mate lol as you can see in the last picture. (she looks low to the ground on most of them because she is constantly head bobbing at me! LOL!)

18993_runner2.jpg

18993_runner3.jpg

18993_runner.jpg

18993_runner4.jpg

My newest addition and with no name:
This is a mixed breed duckling that was on the pond near my house. His foot was chomped on by my guess is a snapping turtle and he limps around pretty bad. When i found him i rushed him to the vet and he didn't need antibiotics or anything because it was a old injury. Since it was not a wild breed i took him home and he has fallen in love with my other girls. I believe its a male from the thickness of his head/neck and could be a mixed breed between a pekin/black swed/mallard. He is very cute and i hope i have made him happy. Any names?

18993_black_swedish_mix.jpg

18993_black_swedish_mix1.jpg

18993_black_swedish_mix2.jpg

Next is Yoko:
She was hatched at my job and was the tiniest one because she was a japanese. i took her home and she had bad feet issues and i was able to fix her up. she is the "odd one" because i only have 3 other silkies. she is very wild and i just let her do her thing.
smile.png

18993_yoko.jpg

(the only picture i could get of her)

Last but not least is Mumble:
She is a silkie and was my first hatched chick ever. she was shipped from kentucky silkies on byc and was the only one to hatch. I absolutely love her and she is the BEST chicken ever. No one tops her. She will be two years old in september.

18993_dscf2336.jpg

i luv them all! your silkie roo looks just like mine! for the runner duck, i'd suggest Splash-he looks like her has splash feathering and as a duck he obviously SPLASHES when he swims! either that, or Storm- he looks like a mixed hen i have with that name! for the mixed duck, if you named him Bumble, he would have a namesake- Storm's deceased sister was all black like that. we thought Storm and Bumble would be roosters when they hatched, so we gave them simple names we could part with pretty easily. originally they were Puff and Bumble, then Stormpuff and Bumble, then we kinda shortened it to Storm. Bumble died about a year and a half ago, and i still greive for her. she parished quite suddenly- one day she was there and the next i found her lying in the nest box, her head bent at that awkward position that comes with death. i have been waiting for another bird to come along that could be named for her- i almost got Honeybee, a golden sebright, but someone else took her before i had the chance. it would be great if you named your duck after her. let me know what you decide!

WOW, your pekin is....huge! I wish mine would eat more, mine girl is only 4-5 pounds and is a VERY picky eater! Love the others though, and now I get the username.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom