just wanting to mad ramble.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Teresaann24, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I have met alot of good people on here. Real honest and good people!

I was recently..I FEEL cheated...I recieved eggs that I paid alot for.
    At first i thought it was just the P.os fault. They got here in 2 days.

The box wasn't hardly even beaten up...it looked in good shape. As i opened the box I found horror..broken eggs smashed eggs it was like a easter egg hunt The eggs were placed ALL over the box in different places. wrapped once in bubble wrap with some new paper in the box. I lost all the eggs but 7 eggs and 2 duck eggs and 2 turkey eggs. I kept the turkey and duck eggs and my aunt got the 7 chicken eggs. 1 of the duck eggs had a loose air sac and i tossed it after 10 days never developed. The turkey eggs were infertile the other duck egg developed a blood ring after 14 days in incubation. So i lost them all. My aunt also lost all the 7 chicken eggs NONE were fertile. We paid $26 for the eggs and $10 for the shipping. Its a lesson learned for sure. I will not be saying any names because it is not fair. I have contacted the seller she was nice about it she offered more duck eggs but no returned money which I understand noone can expect to have money returned you take a chance with shipped eggs. I just think it was the sellers fault for how she packed the eggs. It was a very poor packing job and seemed as if it was her 1st there is no way someone who has trialed and errored and imporved did that packing job. I know when I 1st send out eggs I let my P.O lady pack for me to show me how it was done before I ever tried myself because I didnt want noone to recieve eggs scrambled and be my fault because I didnt know how to do it.

Sorry I'll end this now I just had to vent. Lesson learned everyday I guess...

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

If they were horribly packed, I would expect a refund for the eggs, at least.

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG] I am sorry this happened to you. It is so disappointing. If you are like me, it takes a lot of thought and planning to make that purchase.

4. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I always question the seller before hand about the packing just in case there is a problem. So far so good for me. Hopefully you can get this straightned out. I would feel bad being all excited about my eggs and then get nothing.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Teresa, I am sorry that happened to you too. I think that many have learned your lesson the hard way. ALWAYS ask how they plan to prepare the eggs for shipment. If it is not satisfactory to you, then do not buy them. I would do this in an email exchange also so it is in writing, then you WILL be able to get your money back if they don't follow what method they told you. [​IMG]

6. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Oh, believe me next time I will 100% save all messeges and ask how they pack and take pictures on how they arrive.

Its a hard lesson and money lost, I have asked for some amount of refund on the eggs but was declined which is fine I understand. I was offered more duck eggs but I don't think I wanna recieve another box of smashed eggs.

I believe this person is new to selling eggs. Newer member also but she was so nice and seemed to know what she was doing. So I didnt even think to ask her how she packed.

I will know better next time...if my DH ever lets me order eggs again..LOL..I'm just upset at the fact me nor my aunt (Who went half with me) Recieved NOTHING for our hard earned money and it wasn't due to BAD incubation just to do with how these eggs were packed upon expection I found many of my aunts eggs with hair line cracks. That i didn't notice when we got them. It sure is a sad day indeed.

7. debilorrah

Quote:If you want mutt eggs I can you send 6-9 (that's what fits in the tube that arrived so well to Fudgie)

8. debilorrah

Teresa go over the feedback and annoucements section, and enter your information as part of the beta they are doing..... page 2 I believe.

9. Hi! Sorry about your box of eggs. Venting is good --- believe me when I say I know how frustrating and disappointing it is to open a box of eggs and find a mess of cracked and/or broken eggs.
    I'm sure the seller had the best of intentions, but not the 'know how'. Or maybe they'd sent eggs exactly like yours several times and they were fine on arrival, but your box got an extra bonk along the way.
    Good luck!
    Lisa

10. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:If you want mutt eggs I can you send 6-9 (that's what fits in the tube that arrived so well to Fudgie)

thanks for the offer deb! Your always so sweet! I have my hands full now I have 19 eggs from my own silkie girls in the bator due in 18 days and 7 eggs under a broody from my girls due in 12 days!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by