Just wants to be friends?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by coffeemama, Jan 28, 2009.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    An acquaintance of mine just wrote to our mom's group and said that her dh wants to just be friends. He said they can be best friends and that nothing will change between them as far as getting along. She has a son who is autistic and another younger child. She has no job, and has to find a job at night so that she can be home during the day with her autistic son.

I was floored that he just came home and said he wanted to be friends. He already is not very supportive to her in caring for their autistic son, and now she's got no job and two children. I can't imagine what it would feel like to have that happen one day. They have had a rough year financially, and I guess he just couldn't take the struggle any longer.

Anyway, just wanted to share this so that people can keep her in their thoughts. I'm afraid she has a long road ahead of her.

2. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    A sad situation. She's gonna need some good friends to lean on and cry with. I think the economy is probably causing stress on many marriages right now.

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    if she has a church home or if she doesn't...i would tell her to reach out....they could possibly be supportive with prayers and food cards and help with the lawyer.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is sad to know that they aren't already friends. Ken is the best friend on the planet to me. [​IMG]

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Are these his kids?

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Sad. Handicapped children put a lot of stress on a marriage, and many times it is the beginnning of the end. I'm sorry for your friend.

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I agree Debi, my DH is my best friend too. How does one go from wanting to spend the rest of your lives together to just "being friends"? Sounds a little odd to me. Hugs and strength for your friend coffeemama.
    I would be devastated if my DH came home and told me that. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

Gosh I would be too. I know I am his best friend! And that is a good thing to KNOW!

9. OPIE

OPIE Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Freeman Mo.
    Well I wwonder who his girlfriend is.

10. debilorrah

Quote:I guess we were all avoiding the truth huh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by