Just what are these girls??????

peewee

Songster
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
The guy at the feed store had no idea what these girls were but told me they lay brown eggs. Don't know if this is true because they have not laid for me yet. My neighbor told me they were Old English Game hens. I thought they were EE's. Then I see pedenes birds for sale in another post (Phoenix hens)and I can really see that they may be phoenix. Of course they look like all the other ones to. At least to me. Maybe you guys can help me??
16250_100_2123.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you everybody for your help. I bought them because I thought they were pretty and different than my others. If they are OEG hens do I need to treat them any different than my others. I have no knowledge about these girls.
If they are phoenix when should the ear lobes turn white?
I am posting a pic. of one of the girls face so maybe that would help. This one has one of the smaller combs.
Any info about these is greatly appreciated.
16250_100_2105.jpg

They look like my old engish game. They make good moms to any babies, ducks,guineas(keets) and chicks. De

Quote:
I have two Golden Phoenix that look just like them (identical) but they have white ear lobes. Golden Phoenix should lay small, white eggs.

edit to say: the ear lobes on mine did not turn white until about 3.5 - 4 months of age.

Last edited:
These girls are standard size. Guess I should have said that earlier.
If the ear lobes turn white at about 3-5 months old I am beginning to think that these girls are not phoenix. Don't know the exact age but I am guessing that they are older than that.
I'm glad to hear that they make good moms. They are so wild and flighty right now that I can't get in with them with out covering my head and waiting for them to calm down and realize that I'm the one with all the munchies. Getting better with this but I think it's going to take some time.

Back
Top Bottom