Just what are you thankful for?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Acre of Blessings, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Me. WOW! There are so many things that I am thankful for.....I live in a country that's free where I can worship the Lord. My family and heritage means so much to me. But here's my list for all to see.

I thank God for Grace
    I thank God for Mercy
    I thank God He hears me, when I fall on my knees
    I thank God, because I know He cares, loves me and gives me peace when burdens come to hard to bear.

I guess I can say that I Thank God for these.

So if you would like to, go ahead and post here what your Thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and may it be a blessed one.

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    My husband,
    my family,
    my friends,
    BYC,
    that I live in America,
    have a roof over my head,
    and that I can still catch snowflakes on my tounge. [​IMG]

3. warren

warren Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2007
    UK
    All of the above, plus I have 3 fascinating hens and too many eggs.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm thankful for:

• A loving Heavenly Father
    • My wonderfully patient and unconditionally loving wife Emily
    • My two beautiful and healthy daughters
    • Family and friends to hang out with and discuss the complexities of life for hours and hours.
    • Two parents that were excellent examples in so much of life
    • That I was alive during some of the most exciting times in technological advances
    • For wonderful moderators that work amazingly well as a team and keep this place humming along so well
    • For 19,000 wonderful community members that make this site the best place online to hang out!

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:And we are SO THANKFUL for you dearest Nifty! xxxxxxx

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I am thankful for -

My beloved husband
    My beloved children

For my friends on BYC - you guys ROCK!
    For the blessing of living in this wonderful countryside

For my chickens......... (HUGS)
    For Buff Hooligans she always makes me laugh.....

For everything really and thankful to the Lord for giving me the life I so enjoy.......Amen

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I truly am grateful for a Loving Savior who continues to forgive even though I am so very weak.

I am grateful for a Loving Father, Who hears and answers prayers.

I am so extremely grateful for a loving wife, who cares for me and takes care of me despite my many weaknesses. She is the greatest blessing of my life.

I am so very thankful for wonderful children who desire to serve the Lord. They seem to be the happiest kids on the planet and I can only thank my saintly wife for that.

I am so grateful for a roof over our heads and food on our table, for transportation, (old though it may be) and for the many bounties of life.

I am thankful for friends and extended family who care about me and my family.

And then back to our loving Savior who through His infinite atonement, cleanses and sanctifies and brings peace and joy in the midst of a troubled world.

I am grateful for soldiers in far away lands who are fighting to keep us free!

I will continue to pray for the leaders of our nation. I am praying for Barak Obama and his success like no other president before. As I watched the walters interview last night, I have hope that he will make correct decisions for our nation. All I can do is pray for him and hope for the best for our country.

I am thankful for you good folks... you live all over... from New Zealand, England, Canada, Florida, California, Washington, Maine or all points inbetween, your love enriches and blesses my life.

Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I am Thankful that i was blessed with my family who is very loving and supportive..i'm very thankful that i know i will always have someone i can turn to in a time of need.....because, sadly, so many people dont have that. I had a 14 year old boy over today for Thanksgiving..he will be my future foster son (this coming tuesday)...and he brought us a handmade card thanking us for inviting him to our Thanksgiving dinner, he said he was so happy when they told him he was coming to my house today...he hasnt had a family Thanksgiving in 4 years....so, since he was 10 years old he really hasnt had a family....and so, i'm also very thankful that i was able to give him that today. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!..., Wendy..[​IMG]..

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am thankful for the abundance of what we have in the face of all we have lost in all thanks to my Father in Heaven. He keeps us, saves us, loves us no matter what, and there is nothing larger to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my incredible fiance. In the lowest point of my adult life, he came along when I really believed I would never find him. That's God again, by the way. [​IMG]

I could take up pages with all I am thankful for, but I will leave room for everyone else.

10. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    After spending five weeks in India, I'm thankful that I live in a place where we have plenty to eat, a home of our own, lots of space, smooth roads, and clean air and water. I'm also really glad we aren't in Mumbai, since the places in the news right now are where my family (including my two children) were standing two weeks ago!

Erika

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by