Just wondering

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HayHay, Apr 26, 2017.

1. HayHay

HayHay New Egg

Apr 26, 2017
    CANADA
    hi im new to here and having chicks i was wondering if my chicks would be ok to be left alone for 2 days while i have to take my girl to a dance competition or if best to have someone come in and check on them they will be 5 weeks old when i need to go thanks in advance for any advice

2. emmaellis111

emmaellis111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    shropshire UK
    Personally I think they would be fine. As long as they have plenty of food and clean water. And can't escape lol x

3. HayHay

HayHay New Egg

Apr 26, 2017
    CANADA
    Yeah I would make sure of that is there any way they would over eat and die with full access to food for that long

4. emmaellis111

Jul 5, 2015
    shropshire UK
    I dont think they would die if they over ate. I'm more than sure they would stop eating when there full. X

5. HayHay

HayHay New Egg

Apr 26, 2017
    CANADA
    Ok thanks sorry for weird questions just don't want anything to happen to them

6. emmaellis111

Jul 5, 2015
    shropshire UK
    Your welcome. There not weird questions [​IMG] if you dont ask you'll never know. [​IMG] hope your daughters dance competition goes well. X

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Chicks generally do not overeat, but, there is always the chance they will overturn their waterer and be thirsty or get the food all wet. Wet food can get moldy and moldy food can kill chickens. Please I don't mean to throw horror stories in your face. I just want to point out, it would be good if someone looks in on them while you are gone. Then you and I will feel much better about leaving them alone.

8. HayHay

HayHay New Egg

Apr 26, 2017
    CANADA
    Thank you drumstick diva I never thought of that I would hate to come home and see them sick or worse

9. [​IMG] Make it's safe food and water. [​IMG] . [​IMG]

Hanging feeders and waters are the safest . They can't dump them out or turn them over They will be fine for a couple of days . At five weeks old they should close to being without heat. If they are inside that is . Watch their feed water consumption when the time gets close and leave what you think they eat and drink in two days . And then enjoy you girls dance competition.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  10. HayHay

HayHay New Egg

Apr 26, 2017
    CANADA
    Thanks they will be nside and what height is best to hang there feeders just above ground or head ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by