1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Justusnak-here you go-

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ozark hen, Dec 13, 2007.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Here are photos I took today of the chickens you rescued late summer...
    first one is Scrapper ..you can see he has lost all his tail feathers but finally found his place within the flock.
    [​IMG]
    this one is the chicken that actually crowed in front of me..we all thought it was a hen???
    [​IMG]
    here they are in the flock.
    [​IMG]
    Now Capt. Jack Sparrow is hiding in the coop -as usual- he is positive another chicken is going to eat him and he runs and screams all the time??? He is definitely the "drama queen" Hard to catch him long enough to get a photo of him but I will so you can see he is doing fine...if he would quit acting like the world is coming to an end I think they would leave him alone.

I forgot to mention that we clipped the alpha roo's spurs so no one could get hurt. Couldn't find any spurs on the cochin roos??? Anyone have any info on that???

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  2. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, they look great! My chickens would be having a ball in a grassy field like that! I liked your description of Capt. Jack Sparrow... made me laugh just thinking about the poor scaredy cat!!!

3. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    thanks, he is a real mess. [​IMG]

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi Ozark Hen, they look great & so happy [​IMG] Scrapper is a cutie pie [​IMG]

5. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    ok, I just found Capt. Jack Sparrow hiding behind the door that goes inbetween the two rooms!! He ran screaming when he saw that I found him. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I decided enough was enough so I chased him out the door into the run........he went SCREAMING. After he got out into the run and saw that the flock was ignoring him he stopped all the drama [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] silly roo

7. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    He sounds like a true drama king! [​IMG]

8. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Funny that you mention about the cochin spurs--my other roos are starting to get some serious spurs, but the cochins still have little nubbins. Maybe they just take a while?

9. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    When we snipped back the alpha roo's spurs we also picked up the cochins and did not find any at all? We were surprised. Mine are 8 months old now. I don't know if they will ever get them???

10. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:If you have seen the Pirates of the Carribean then you know how Capt. Jack Sparrow acted?? This is why this little guy was named after him. NO, not a drama king but a drama queen. He is sooo cool. Love this little guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by