juvenile Pumpkin hulsey pairs from greenfire farms

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by F50myster, Feb 15, 2011.

1. F50myster

F50myster Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    are they purebred? is it worth it? $100 for a pair plus $60 for shipping. or should i get chicks which are about $10 each and i think u have to buy 12 plus $30 for shipping? do you have to buy 12? anyone know where else i can get day old game chicks or juvenile pairs for less than $150 any sort of game would be nice but preferably pumkin hulseys.....i LOVE the look of that breed!...and the NAME! lol

some person here on BYC said he would give me free eggs when his chickens started laying but no luck so far...

2. F50myster

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    wow...im screwed

3. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I have no personal experience of Greenfire Farms, but it seems to me that they have a fine reputation. If you can spare it, I might consider the pair and then get the eggs also. That way you can get a little diversity.
    I may be completely off, but I think that's what I would do.
    FWIW, I really like the Pumpkin Huselys. If I were to get into games, they would be my choice.

I hope this works for you and that you post lots of picks of you birds so people like me can live vicariously through you. [​IMG]

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    If you talk to the people on the Show Off Your Games! thread you'll probably get some people who have ones from reputable lines/stock. [​IMG] Plus, you really must consider. . . GreenFire sells 6-8 week old chicks and ships them. Unless you're really close by to where they are located, that's a huge gamble. Those chicks are way too young to be shipped, especially for a high price in my opinion. There's quite a few gamefowl breeders here who do it because they love gamefowl, not because Hulseys are a rare, colorful thing to sell well. [​IMG] If you look through that thread, you may just find someone and PM them about Hulseys. That or the Old and Rare Breeds thread.

5. F50myster

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    Quote:Thank YOU!!!

6. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    If you want Lacy Roundheads I have eggs avaible now.
    [​IMG]

7. F50myster

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    Quote:how much? for about 8?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. ghulst

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I will ship 8 eggs for $25.00 postage ibcluded. Pm me for more info. I have 2 doz ready to ship now $35.00 postage included.

9. F50myster

Dec 21, 2010
    Central Coast
    Quote:do you hvae any other gamefowl?

10. ghulst

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Quote:do you hvae any other gamefowl?

No I don't. At one time I had seven breeds but I sold all except the Roundheads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by