Kalmbach Feed?

What’s everyone’s opinion of Kalmbach feed? It’s a heck of a lot cheaper than Purina, but is it good quality?

I use Kalmbach sometimes.

I give my chickens whatever the most favorable combination of protein, freshness, and price is available at the store I'm buying it at (still looking for a local mill in central NC).

They eat whatever is in the feeder and seem to enjoy it all.

The hen house blend by them is eggcellent. Noticed darker yolks hens love it.
Are you referring to the whole grain type feed “Henhouse Reserve”? I buy a bag of that now and again to use as scratch. But as it is actual balanced feed, I know they are getting proper nutrients. Funny though, like kids, they pick out fav bits and leave the nutritional pellets for last…it all gets eaten, but those pellets in that Henhouse Reserve feed are always last bits eaten!

Are you referring to the whole grain type feed “Henhouse Reserve”? I buy a bag of that now and again to use as scratch. But as it is actual balanced feed, I know they are getting proper nutrients. Funny though, like kids, they pick out fav bits and leave the nutritional pellets for last…it all gets eaten, but those pellets in that Henhouse Reserve feed are always last bits eaten!
Yes the hen house reserve. I noticed that too buy they always comeback and eat the rest.

Kalmbach feeds is produced in the midwest. Their corporate office is out of OH. They produce feed for all livestock. I currently use their Flock maker. My chickens and ducks do well with it. Here though, it's not a lot cheaper. Just a few dollars. But, how much are you paying for Purina?

Back
Top Bottom