Kalmbach feeds

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by crooked stripe, Apr 24, 2008.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    Has anyone heard of Kalmbach feeds? I have used Purina Mill feeds since the chicks where day olds. My daughter was headed to town and asked If I needed anything. I said chicken starter. She asked the sales man for starter and was sold Kalmbach. It says poultry starter-grower with 22% protein. Should I go and get Purina Mills or just feed this what she bought? John

2. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I ain't never heard of that brand. Have you searched for infromation on that brand.

3. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    I went to their web site and not much to read. Said they have been in business since 1966 and gave the same info as I stated. Not much. They are in Michigan. There is a picture of their plant and it look pretty large.
    www.kalmbachfeed.com John

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

The Homestead poultry feeds from Hubbard are much better than Kalmbach. Especially since Hubbard is ISO and HACCP certified.

Jim

5. OxbowOrchard

OxbowOrchard New Egg

Nov 16, 2016
    Did anyone have any more feedback on Kalmbach Feeds? Trying it out this week, mainly since it's 5 minutes down the road to pick up. NonGMO 16% grower feed for our 7 week old ducks. Red flags aforementioned in other forums...no ingredient list on their website, no special certifications, debatable protein amount for growing vs. laying (16% vs. 20% respectively). Trying to keep feed to a minimum when spring arrives with other practices, but we need something for the time being that isn't an hour away like our last source was. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by