Kalona IA Swap tomorrow Nov 19.... Anyone going?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by WyanLuv, Nov 18, 2008.

1. WyanLuv

WyanLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    Hello! Was just wondering if anyone was going to the Kalona sale tomorrow at 10 for the bird/animal swap that they have every wednesday? If you are, what are you planning on selling? Or buying? [​IMG]

I'll go if you go! Bring me some blue wyandottes or standard cochins! [​IMG]

2. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    There's no one going tomorrow?

3. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    I didnt know that they had a swap for birds on wednesdays. I work every wed but maybe i can get one off sometime. Is the bird quality good?

4. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I did not go this week. The birds vary a lot depending on who brings what each week. There were nice birds and really beat up birds both weeks. I plan to go again sometime in Dec. as I need to sale my ram and I have Wed. off each week. A few weeks ago I got some nice BO laying hens that had just started laying and 6 Scovie ducklings. A week before that I sold 2 ducks, 3 extra roosters, 4 button quail chicks, 2 adult button quail, 4 guinea fowl, and 3 Coturnix quail and the turnout that week was really great. Both weeks I went it was more of a seller's market than a buyer's market. If you were selling you were really happy with the prices but if you were buying you thought it was a bit pricey. I was happy overall both weeks I went.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  5. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    Do you know if they are having a sale next week with it being so close to a holiday? The day I they were selling by cages full on the chickens and per piece on everything else. I thought some of the birds were in need of a little extra love but I bought a standard black cochin rooster there that I just adore! I can walk right up to him and pick him up and pet him with no problems.

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:That would be Rufus [​IMG] Glad he went to a good home. I am not sure if they have a sale next week or not. I did not have any standard cochin hens so I sold both the roosters. The next week they sold chickens by the head also instead of by cage. I wish they did that the week before also cause one of my cages of baby cochin bantams chicks sold for only $3. I should have said NO SALE as I really miss those babies now.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by