Kamakazee Bullet Hawk

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by 33yardbirds, Aug 13, 2010.

1. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Bullet Hawk zoomed in on a hen that was between 2 stumps, she ducked and ran, he exploded right in the stumps. When I walked over and picked it up it had just feather weight. The hen was fully 4 times the hawks size. He must have really been starving and desperate. (Sharp Shin Hawk)

2. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

YEEKS! Yay for your hen!!!! Warning though, if it's daid, best dispose of it quick or even just throw it wayyyyyy back in the woods. Getting caught with even the feathers is risky. Even though it committed Hari-Kari having hawk feathers is illegal. I'm almost positive if I showed my fish and game the 'scene of the crime' and explained it to them, they'd believe me and all would be well since I have a good relationship with them, but then they'd take the carcass away. It would be good as far as them being able to measure, analyze and track it though if you think they'd be ok to deal with.

Isn't it amazing how powerful they are for their size? Speed and momentum are wonderful things, as long as it's not your hen that becomes dinner!

3. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Quote:Done and done. Here the fine for raptors starts at $20,000. We live in a very isolated area witch helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by