1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

kandyg_99 hatch results with lots of pictures!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ma2babygurl13, Sep 21, 2009.

1. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    I got 20 silkie/showgirl eggs from kandyg_99 There were 3 roos in with the hens only 1 was a showgirl, so I didn't know how many to expect. The packaging was excellent here are a few pics. Each egg also was marked with what day it was collected which was VERY nice!!

[​IMG]

Out of all 20 eggs, 17 showed development. So they went into the hatcher. First out was a black showgirl.

[​IMG]

Out of the 17 eggs, 16 hatched. 7 are blue? silkies and one white. The other 8 are showgirls. Here are some pictures!

The ones I believe are blues...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the showgirls!!!

The 2 black:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other colors maybe buff and partridge??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A circle of showgirls:

[​IMG]

The white silkie (on left) and white showgirl (on right)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Kandyg_99 for the awesome babies and great business transaction!!! Highly recommended to ANYONE!!!

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Baby silkies are so cute!! Good thing those showgirls look bowtied so their little necks don't get cold [​IMG]

The partridge are a kind of buff color with stripes on their backs, I'm not sure what color the dark chicks you have would be. I do believe all your blues are blues as well. One pic of the blacks, one of the chicks looks blue, but it doesn't look like that in the other pics, so idk. Congrats!

3. Biddylover

Biddylover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Tennessee
    awww so cute I can't wait to hatch out some babies [​IMG]

4. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Ohh I love them! Thank you for the pictures! I've got myself all set up to breed my first showgirls this spring (my turken girls are only 3 weeks old now [​IMG]), I've really enjoyed looking at the babies you have!

5. They are soooo cute! the more people talk and show their Silkies and Showgirls, the more I want some!

6. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh Thank You so much for posting the results of the eggs!!!The babies are just gorgeous,I just love those silkie fuzzy butts,Let me know if you'd like more eggs,It was a PLEASURE doing business with you.Congrats on the babies.....

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Very cute!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by