Kane is 9 months old! *Pics (w/big brother Jax)*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Sep 25, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I meant to do these pics a couple of weeks ago, on Kane's 9 month birthday, but was having puter troubles.

Here's my boys, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Jax looks positively TINY next to Kane!!! Wow! They are both gorgeous!! [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Yeah.. wow.. Kane is so much bigger.
    Both cuties though! [​IMG]

4. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    sigh. Jax is STILL my fav! Just such a gorgeous guy!

[​IMG]

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I love seeing your updates photos of your handsome boys! [​IMG]

6. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Handsome boys! They are look like they are so sweet! [​IMG]

7. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    I know nothing about GSD... is it typical that the hairy ones ( same breed? different breed?) are bigger?

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Jax is a good boy. Loves to please. Kane is the stubborn one.

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:They are the same breed, german shepherd dogs and brothers - same sire, mothers are full sisters. Jax has the typical medium coat and the color is called sable. Kane is a long-haired and his color is called bi-color.

It seems with our boys that Jax took after his dams west german side and Kane took after the east german (DDR) sires side. The long coat was not bred for, but happens.

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Hey Gritty thanks for the PM and the link back here. I did see this thread last night and was going to comment on your beautiful dogs, but then all heck broke out involving GSDs and LEOs. Was kind of busy for a few hours. I have decided that you, your DH, and your dogs will be moving here. You are needed.

So last night I went out to feed the chickens and do the final lock up, in the dark. I have a large suburban back yard, the coop is in the back. As I'm at the coop I hear my chainlink gate rattling pretty violently. Startles me, and clueless Imp's first thought is "Are the raccoons showing up early tonight?" then "Is it Rudy (neighbor's golden retreiver)?" Seconds later I hear neighbor Kristy(4 doors down) screaming, running. WTH!!! I slam the coop shut and take off running to the front (in sandals and boxers) through the forementioned gate. I get out front and see Kristy and her teen son in the street screaming at a couple guys running down the street. I then see a truck leaving Kristy's house burning rubber and take off down the road too. I'm still clueless, but see Betty(between Kristy & I) standing in her lawn. Within 30 seconds there are 5 police cars with a GSD on the street. I walked over to them and immediately realize that something had happened at Betty's house. Apparently a couple bad guys had broken in. Kristy was on alert because someone had parked a car in front of her house. So simultaniously Kristy hears the window breaking, Betty pulls into her driveway and I'm in the flightpath. Results- The guy in the truck was Kristy's husband trying to stop the bad guys. The police actually grabbed him first. The car was a stolen car from California. The bad guys got away, but cameback less than 15 minutes after the cops left and restole the car. Fortunately just relatively minor damage to Betty's house. Amazing since they had been in and out of the house, more than once. Nothing stolen as far as we can tell. I cleaned up the broken glass (darned glass is sharp-Imp says bleedingly) and cut a piece of plywood to fit in the window.

Imp-When the GSD police dog showed up I flashed on this thread and the pix of Jax and Kane. Started to pet the dog, then realized that was a poor idea.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by