1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Kankakee Highlights??

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by boilerjoe_96, May 4, 2008.

1. boilerjoe_96

boilerjoe_96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    West Lafayette, IN
    Anybody go? How was it?(What did I miss)

2. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I wanna know too!

3. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Me too!!!!! [​IMG]

My dd had a local soccer tournament this weekend, so I couldn't go. [​IMG]

Give us the scoop! [​IMG]

4. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    We had a great day. Weather was perfect, lots of vendors, but I am noticing that alot of people just don't have the quantity that we are used too. I am sure the feed prices etc.. are affecting that. Most people were sold out by 9 a.m. Us included. Stuff is still selling very high. ( EX. average prices for general poultry/waterfowl, Roosters $10 each, Hens $10-$20 each, basic geese $15-$25 each, Ducks $10 each, Turkeys $25-$50 each) Great for the sellers!

I was not able to find any of the specific birds we were looking for, but they are not common anyway.

I did get Another sportsman though, and that was a real bargin!

Definetly looking forward to next Month, should be a good one, and not another one till September.

With the way stuff is selling so fast, definetly get there very early.

Christie [​IMG]

5. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Even at Wolf's I was suprised that roosters were selling high. I was looking for a buff-laced Polish. The ones they had there weren't "good", one had badly crooked toes, so I passed.

I am planning on June's swap-- I make the schedule now, so I have that day off! [​IMG] WOOHOOO! [​IMG]

6. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Carole,
    Will you be at the May Knox swap? If so we will see you there. Otherwise, we will see you at the June Kankakee swap!
    Christie [​IMG]

7. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I sure plan on it! I'll see you then.

8. Jolly_Rancher

Jolly_Rancher Out Of The Brooder

I will be at the June swap.. I can't wait... I don't need a thing, but my Granddaughter gets to come with me this time! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by