Karen's new chicks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by seminolewind, Nov 28, 2007.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    [​IMG] Cynthia hatchlings (Speckledhen)
    [​IMG] who's my mother?
    [​IMG] I am just too cute!
    [​IMG] will you be my friend?
    [​IMG] Melanie's silkies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] WHO'S MY MOTHER? Cynthia's eggs
    [​IMG] Who's our mother?
    [​IMG] Who's our mother?
    Cynthia please tell me who their mothers are!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. So precious!! Look at all those sweet little faces!

Lisa

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

very cute!

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

How adorable.......... [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOL, they are adorable! Karen, the Orpington crosses, the biggest butterballs are all my Buff Brahma, Caroline's, babies, but you know that. The poufy cheeked ones are either Charlotte's or Silver's, no way to tell unless you can keep track of them right out of the egg, since both my Ameraucana girls are blues. Silver tends to throw lighter colored blues, in general, but not always.
    I see some fuzzy feetsies in there-Caroline's Brahma genes are coming out! They are all precious!

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    ADORABLE little ones! Congrats! Love the charcoal-colored legs with pink toes!

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Cynthia, I never noticed the feathers, and when I read the post I thought you meant the silkies. But sure enough, one of Caroline's has feathers on the legs!!!!! How cute!
    I keep staring at them all wondering who's a boy and who's a girl. The darkest Orp/Brahma I would guess to be a male, he seems to have the most ridges sticking out of his crown, if that makes a difference, LOL. Karen

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Karen, with the Orps, you may not know who's boys and girls for a couple of months. And the number of ridges in the comb really doesn't make a difference. They probably will have some form of pea combs, and the wider pea combs with three distinct ridges could mean boys, but since they are crossed with a single comb, the comb may be not quite a true pea comb, if you get what I'm saying. So far, all of Caroline's babies have had pea combs and about half have feathered legs. They look wonderful! I'm sure you'll enjoy them alot. Did you see Adam's post of his Suede/Caroline baby at 3 months old? That's one tank of a pullet! Check it out in Breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by