Karri's new hatch post. DueDue FEb 24th!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by karri25, Feb 15, 2008.

1. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I just candled and I have 26 growing and well out of 32 eggs!!!!!! I had 22 of my own in and there were 3 out of those that candled clear. They look like the same egg. Does anyone ever have one hen that their rooster doesn't touch??? I just thought that was weird. I had all fertile out of my last batch, maybe these got a bit too cold before I got to them.
    ANyways I have one millie growing, 2 silkies, and 1 buff laced polish crested. All of the other eggs are sex links or barred rocks that I'm hatching for my aunt. I am just so excited, this will be the biggest hatch I've had so far!!!!
    Since I know how ridiculous I will be I though I would go ahead and get a thread gowing. When these hatch out and I take them to my aunt, I get to pick up all of the chickies that we ordered together!!!???!?!?!??!?!? I am fit to burst! [​IMG]

2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Cool!! I'll be following....[​IMG]

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    My hatch is due on the 25th ...I put in 18 light brahmas...I have 15 growing and had 2 clears and one blood ring so far...yes , I have a hen I don't think the rooster is mating with and I think her eggs are the ones giving me trouble......thats why I wanted to hatch out some of this breed to see if I had any clears in the bunch....

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Good luck with your hatches! [​IMG]

Jody

5. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

My hatch is due on the 24th. Good luck with yours. Most of mine I'm not sure what they are out of, although the green ones come outta my EE's.

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Mine are due the 24th too. 8 ee bantams and 1 silkie [​IMG]

7. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Woohoo!!!! We'll all be hatching at the same time! I am so excited:) Of course now I am going to try to forget that they are there so I don't have a heart attack while I wait:)
    I added three of my little silkies that I hatched out a while back and two black tailed japanese bantams that my Aunt gave us to our flock today. They have been out there in a cage for over a week so I out them to roost last night. They are so cute. I can't wait until they get everything worked out and I can watch them walking around all over the coop. SOOOOOO CUUTE!!!!!

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Does anyone ever have one hen that their rooster doesn't touch???

Yes, I do, however, I also have a hen who has some sort of genetic problem. Her eggs are fertilized, but they never develop. I know for a fact they are fertilized, I see him mate her, I see the bullseye. NONE of her eggs have ever developed and they've been incubated by me and other people.​

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    My silkie rooster will only mate silkie girls. He wont go near the EE bantams. I had to arrange playdates [​IMG] with the rooster in another pen of mine so i could hatch green bantam eggs.

10. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    That is soooo weird. I never knew that! Well, it's a good thing I only have one hen that lays pinkish eggs. I might try one more time to hatch them but if they are all clear next time I will only eat those!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by